FOR OUR PARENTS & GUARDIANS
Welcome Hahaione Parents & Guardians!
This page is your resource for our most commonly asked questions by our parents and guardians. Any time you have a question about our school please contact Denise Murai (PCNC) our Parent-Community Liaison by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. She's primarily here to help YOU and to get you the answers you need.
Contact Denise Murai if you,
- Have a question and don’t know who to ask
- Want to request or suggest a workshop activity and/or event
- Want to volunteer at the school
She also serves to create and strengthen supportive partnerships between the home, school and community that help to support our students' learning.
Community Resources Related to COVID-19
- Child Care for Essential Workers: Hawaii Children's Action Network - https://covid19.hawaii-can.org/
- Education: Hawaii State Department of Education - http://www.hawaiipublicschools.org/
- Field Trips: Virtual Field Trips collection from Google for Education - https://edu.google.com/products/vr-ar/expeditions/?modal_active=none
- Financial Assistance: IRS Corona Virus Tax Relief - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Financial Assistance: Hawaii Department of Labor Unemployment Claims Online - http://labor.hawaii.gov/
- Financial Assistance: U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance - https://invest.hawaii.gov/sba-economic-injury-disaster-loan-program/
- Food: Central Pacific Bank "Keep Hawaii Cooking" 50% Reimbursement - https://www.keephawaiicooking.com/#restaurants
- Food: Hawaii Grinds @ Home Database of restaurants offering take out & delivery - https://www.hawaiigrinds.com/home/?fbclid=IwAR1FDfwJ4jvop4mClmf5Mlj_HUdJpODLuaSifcsyugzJhrcT0sovanWSEQM
- Food: Hawaii Meals on Wheels - https://hmow.org/
- Food: Hawaii State Department of Education"Grab & Go" Student Meals - http://www.hawaiipublicschools.org/DOE%20Forms/Emergencies/2020GrabandGo.pdf
- Health: Centers for Disease Control & Prevention "Talking With Children" - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/talking-with-children.html
- Internet Service: Spectrum 60-day Free Internet information - Call 1-844-488-8395 (source KITV4 https://www.kitv.com/story/41894699/spectrum-offering-free-internet-access-to-homes-with-students)
- Library: Audible offers free streaming of audiobooks in multiple languages - https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- Library: Hawaii State Public Library Updates - https://www.librarieshawaii.org/category/spotlight/
- Science: Astronomy Resources for Backyard Explorers from Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawaii (UH Hilo) - https://imiloahawaii.org/new-page
- Science: Waters to the Sea Kauai - https://waterstothesea.org/Kauai/
- Transportation: TheBus service information - https://www.thebus.org/
- Utilities: Board of Water Supply - https://www.boardofwatersupply.com/coronavirus
- Utilities: Hawaiian Electric - https://www.hawaiianelectric.com/hawaiian-electrics-response-to-covid-19
- Webinar: COVID-19 Public Health Action Webinar on Sheltering In Place & Social Distancing with Lt. Gov. Josh Green - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS3RytydJ6Q#action=share
There are many ways you may be a partner in your child's education by being involved in many ways at Hahaione Elementary School!
Parent partnerships are vital at our school. In the classroom or throughout the school, you can help in the following ways . . .
- Attend Open House, Parent-Teacher Conferences, and other educational events
- Provide resources for the classroom
- Book Fair assistance
- Career sharing
- Copy Cat Club - Make copies, laminate class/school items
- IB Exhibition resource assistance - 5th grade
- Field trip chaperones
- Parent advisors for Student Council or JPOs
- Room Parents - Assist teachers, other classroom parents, PTSA
- Tutoring - Help individual students or small groups
- School Community Council - Be a parent representative
- PTSA activities such as Fun Run, Fun Fair, Ohana nights, etc.
- and more!
We welcome and appreciate our many parent volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering at the school, please download the form here for more information about volunteer opportunities and the procedures to begin helping your child and our school!
Communication with the School
Thursday Envelopes contain flyers, field trip forms, announcements, etc. Look for it every Thursday.
Evidence Envelopes contains assessments and documents progress your child is making in school. It comes home in the middle of the quarter and at the end. Please return all material in it unless specified.
School Planners - Students in grades K-5 write upcoming events and homework assignments. It is also a parent-teacher communication tool.
School Email Newsletter - Parents / Guardians will automatically receive an email subscription to our school weekly email newsletter if they provided an email address in their child's registration form. If you do not currently receive our email communications from our Parent-Community Liaison, Denise Murai, you may ask to be added by sending her an email request at email@example.com -- you may add as many home or business email addresses as you like and grandparents may be added too!
A+ After-School Care
The A+ after-school care program provides latchkey children with the conducive learning environment for completing homework, developing social skills, and developing physical agility through games, music, and crafts.
The A+ Program provides after-school childcare on regular school days, beginning after school until 5:30 p.m. The program will not operate when school is closed, including school vacation periods, holidays, and Teacher Institute Day.
A+ is NOT an instructional program. It is an after-school care program for which participants are charged a monthly fee.
A+ Program Fees are charged on a monthly basis and will be paid on or postmarked before the first school day of each month. Cash will be accepted, however, checks are preferred. Checks should be made payable to: "A+ Program - Hahai'one Elementary School" and may be mailed to our school (595 Pepeekeo St., Hon., HI 96825). Please be sure to write "Attn: A+ Program" on your envelope. Payments may also be made in person and delivered directly to the A+ Site Coordinator.
The A+ Program fee for the 2019-2020 school year is $120.00 per month, per child. If you are interested in the A+ Program at Haha'ione Elementary School, please review the A+ Parent Handbook. Application forms are available in the A+ Parent Handbook or you may pick up an application at the Haha'ione School Office.
Safe Parking Lot Drop-off & Pick-up Procedure
You'll have noticed that the traffic in our school parking lot is quite busy in the morning before school and during after school pick up. Please view map for directions to safely dropping off and picking up your child at this link: http://bit.ly/2vU2fgE