ABOUT ib AT HAHAIONE
Hahaione Elementary School was authorized as an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in February 2018. We are the first elementary school within the Kaiser Complex Schools authorized to offer the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP).
The PYP presents a transdisciplinary approach to learning, where individual content areas are drawn together in a curricular units. At the heart of the PYP philosophy is a commitment to inquiry as the ideal vehicle for learning and an emphasis on development in the Learn Profile and Attitudes.
Throughout the Programme of Inquiry, each student will:
- Develop an understanding of concepts
- Conduct research into knowledge that has local and global significance
- Acquire and practice a range of essential skills across content areas
- Develop positive attitudes towards learning, the environment, and other people
- Have the opportunity for involvement in responsible action and service.
For more information about the IB Primary Years Programe, please visit http://www.ibo.org/pyp
The Exhibition is one of our Fifth Grade Students' culminating experiences of the Primary Years Programme. It is an inquiry that starts from the student's personal interest and passion about a local or global issue that results in a local action. The Exhibition is collaborative, student-led, in-depth and supported by the entire school community -- students, parents, faculty, and staff.