At Hahaione Elementary, we believe that our children thrive in an education environment that is balance with academics, character and the arts.
Hahaione Elementary School was authorized as an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in February 2018. We are the first elementary school within the Kaiser Complex Schools authorized to offer the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP).
The PYP presents a trans-disciplinary approach to learning, where individual content areas are drawn together in a curricular units. At the heart of the PYP philosophy is a commitment to inquiry as the ideal vehicle for learning and an emphasis on development in the Learn Profile and Attitudes.
Throughout the Programme of Inquiry, each student will:
- Develop an understanding of concepts
- Conduct research into knowledge that has local and global significance
- Acquire and practice a range of essential skills across content areas
- Develop positive attitudes towards learning, the environment, and other people
- Have the opportunity for involvement in responsible action and service.
For more information about the IB Primary Years Programe, please visit ttp://www.ibo.org/pyp
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Equity Specialist for Schools in the Farrington-Kaiser-Kalani Complex
You may also contact this person for questions or concerns relating to non-discrimination and anti-harassment at your school:
Equity Specialist, Farrington Kaiser Kalani Complex
Honolulu District Office
4967 Kilauea Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816
Phone Number: 808-829-7182
Email Address: email@example.com