Haha`ione Elementary School (HES) was authorized as an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in February 2013. HES is the first elementary school within the Kaiser Complex authorized to offer the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP).
The PYP presents a transdisciplinary approach to learning, where individual content areas are drawn together in curricular units. At the heart of the PYP philosophy is a commitment to inquiry as the ideal vehicle for learning and an emphasis on development in the Learner Profile and Attitudes.
Throughout the Programme of Inquiry, each student will:
- Develop an understanding of concepts
- Conduct research into knowledge that has local and global significance
- Acquire and practice a range of essential skills across content areas
- Develop positive attitudes towards learning, the environment, and other people
- Have the opportunity for involvement in responsible action and service
For more information about the IB Primary Years Programme, please visit: http://www.ibo.org/pyp